Weekly photo roundup for all your non social media folk out there…
- Tuesday saw 36 runners turnout to the backbone of our summer runs – the BDL races.
- Sarah H at the Sunny Sinfin 10k
- Sharon, Jen and Rachel all smiles after the Derwent Dambuster
- Everyone welcome at Thursday Hill Reps no matter how many legs you have, and
- Ed, Helen, Clare and Meg headed up north to tackle the Fairfield Horseshoe fell race.
Keep the photo’s coming in folks!
Nice Summary from Dave Horton “It was a busy weekend for racing, with the Derwent Dambuster 10 mile, the Carsington 7+, the Sinfin 10k and the Holymoorside 10K all tempting Harriers away from their gardening duties.
Nine Harriers ran the Sinfin 10k on a hot, slightly breezy morning. Andy and Jack Dakin, Ruth, Simon, Sarah, John Maddox, Malc,me and Nathan joined the full field of 404 runners. The stress of queueing for parking machines which then broke down, not only damaged our pre-race Chi, but delayed the start for 10 minutes.
Once we were finally off, the short stretch across the grass thinned out the field a little before we headed off along the route of mixed tarmac and cinder. I blamed the cinder and frequent tight bends for adding a few seconds to my finish time, which despite me feeling good, was nearly a minute longer than Derby 10k last month. This theory was blown out of the water by Jack, who ran an excellent race, and smashed his PB.
A flat course, well marshalled, and mostly with fine scenery made for a pleasant way to spend the morning.”