Looking at this map extract from a local landmark …
- Do you wish you knew where it was ?
- Would you like to know how to work out what this looks like on the ground ?
- Does you wish you understood more about what it’s telling you ?
- Do you go out running and never have the confidence to run new routes ?
- Have you got a race coming up where you need to carry a map, but don’t know what the hell to do with it ?!?
If the answer to most of these questions is “Yes” then we may be able to offer you something. These sessions will be run “based on demand” and tailored to fit the requirements of those coming.
- Peak District Based
- Run on an evening (typically in the dark)
- Team based
- 90minute initial practical session in a local pub explaining basics of when to use features, contours or use the compass.
- 2hr practical session out on the hills putting this into practice on a specifically laid out route tailored for the evening.
If this sounds useful, contact Alan . If this link doesn’t work contact Alan via the “Contact us” page.
“Thanks Alan for a great training night … Great to go out and practice navigation skills in the dark. Totally recommend this session…Come on, who wouldn’t want to be out running round in the dark with a only a map and compass in the middle of who knows where on a Friday night 😄😄😄!! It was ace and if there are any other similar events I hope I can sneak on them too” Claire
“Navigation is my biggest weakness in my little world of running and has held me back from doing events I want to take part in. Alan’s session was spot on for duration and level of difficulty (for me anyway) and I left feeling I need to know a lot more but feeling so much confident that I could tackle something like Fairfield and make a good attempt, with map and compass, to find my way to the next checkpoint if the mist did come down” Meg