Welcome to Belper Harriers! Looking for a running club to help you gain some extra pace/miles? Or maybe you want to compete in local events/leagues? Or perhaps you’d just like to make your running more social? You’re in the right place! Please consider checking us out on Facebook (icon link above) for the latest news!
We offer a Wide Range of Ability Groups – We welcome ALL abilities but the best sessions for you to come to are our normal Tuesday sessions. We try to have a wide range of groups – often 4. These range from Racing Snakes to more social paces. Check out the “Training” section on the menu
Pace The fast group will be going up to 6min/mile and the slower groups will be anything from 12min/mile upwards.
Can I just turn up ? Of course! Please check the club diary (Top of homepage) to make sure we are meeting at Belper Leisure Centre (BLC). Alternatively just pop a note on our Facebook public page to say you’re coming along and we’ll look out for you.If you like us, then why not join the club after a few times with us.
Check us out online first Turning up to a club as a new member can be quite intimidating. Consider following us on Facebook first (icon above), perhaps “follow” our website (link at bottom of homepage) to get news straight to your inbox.
Reasons to Join Us
- Free entries into local Summer BDL league
- Free entries into local Winter BDL league
- Tuesday night Leisure Centre Club Runs
- Monthly Club Handicaps
- Monthly Pub runs from various local pubs
- Monthly Track Sessions
- Weekly speed and hill sessions
- Lift shares to many local races
- Club Fell Series
- Club Shop
- Club London Marathon Places (very limited!)
- Annual Club Championships
- Affiliation to the North of England AA and UK Athletics
- Help and advice with your running
- Plenty of willing training partners !!!
- Increased motivation and enjoyment
- Preferential individual race entry fees (EA affiliation)
- Annual Awards Presentation Night / Meal
- Discounted Running Equipment at the following stores;