Welcome to Belper Harriers! Looking for a running club to help you gain some extra pace/miles? Or maybe you want to compete in local events/leagues? Or perhaps you’d just like to make your running more social? You’re in the right place! Unfortunately, COVID-19 restrictions mean that presently our group training runs + events are all on hold (but we are doing plenty of virtual races + challlenges). Please consider checking us out on Facebook (icon link above) for the latest news!
We offer a Wide Range of Ability Groups – We welcome ALL abilities but the best sessions for you to come to are our normal Tuesday sessions. We try to have a wide range of groups – often 4. These range from Racing Snakes to more social paces. Check out the “Training” section on the menu
Pace The fast group will be going up to 6min/mile and the slower groups will be anything from 12min/mile upwards.
Not sure of your pace ? If you’re not sure what these paces mean then try out our Winter or Summer Handicap routes (see Main menu / Training for more details). Times range from about 30 mins up to 55 mins. If that still sounds like a struggle, then you’re welcome to come along – we will always wait for the backmarkers and will not leave anyone – especially new members. Another local group which caters for slower runners is Jog Derbyshire (link here) who may be a better match for you.
Can I just turn up ? Ordinarily – yes… however during the COVID-19 restrictions, group training is currently unable to commence. Please check the club diary (right side of homepage or here)to make sure we are meeting at Belper Leisure Centre (BLC) or Facebook for any updates. If you like us, then why not join the club after a few times with us. Once you’ve joined have a browse through our club shop for training and race wear.
Check us out online first Turning up to a club as a new member can be quite intimidating. Consider following us on Facebook first (icon above), perhaps “follow” our website (link at bottom of homepage) to get news straight to your inbox.
Reasons to Join Us
- Free entries into local Summer BDL league
- Free entries into local Winter BDL league
- Tuesday night Leisure Centre Club Runs
- Monthly Club Handicaps
- Monthly Pub runs from various local pubs
- Monthly Track Sessions
- Weekly speed and hill sessions
- Lift shares to many local races
- Club Fell Series
- Club Shop
- Club London Marathon Places (very limited!)
- Annual Club Championships
- Affiliation to the North of England AA and UK Athletics
- Help and advice with your running
- Plenty of willing training partners !!!
- Increased motivation and enjoyment
- Preferential individual race entry fees (EA affiliation)
- Annual Awards Presentation Night / Meal
- Discounted Running Equipment at the following stores;